ALL CLASSES, FUNSHOPS & DANCES CANCELLED until April 30th !
Laughter is a sustainable way to lose weight, get happy and the only energy it costs is your own (or your friends who are getting you to laugh). Laughing is good for you and low-impact on the environment. Look at children and how their laughter explodes from their insides as they fall into uncontrollable hysterics that inevitably leads to streams of tears drenching their cheeks. Now look at adults who find something funny and give off a little giggle as they quickly place their hand on their mouth as if to hide their outward expression of positive emotion. What exactly morphed inside us that made us become so honestly boring? Do you even remember a time when you were literally incapable of stopping your snort-filled, tear-sopped laughter that worsened with every glance of your friend’s equally hysterical face to the point that the only way to regain composure was to physically remove yourself from the situation? The next time you feel a serious laugh coming on, open your mouth wide and let your laughter roar! If for no other reason, let it out so you don't have to let out your pants. What I mean is—laughter is actually a calorie-burning exercise (not to mention a natural stress-reliever). Yes, when you laugh you burn calories, boost your immune system, calm your muscles, relax your mind, reduce physical pain, and lower blood sugar levels. And unlike pills, laughter has no negative side effects.
Here's how laughter can help you naturally lose weight and be healthier
1. Calorie Burn Add laughter to your workout regimen. Laughing provides a natural cardiovascular workout for your insides, increases your heart rate and circulation, and toning to your abdominal muscles. Dr. William Fry of Stanford University says, "Laughing heartily five times a day has the same beneficial effects as ten minutes on a rowing machine. 10-15 minutes of solid laughter can burn 50 calories.
2. Immune System Laughter can increase the release of infection-fighting antibodies while decreasing the creation of cortisol, therefore bolstering the immune system.
3. Blood Sugar A good bout of laughter has been shown to lower blood sugar levels in people with diabetes.
4. Cholesterol A serious chuckle has been shown to increase "good" HDL cholesterol.
5. Pain Reliever For serious pain sufferers, it has been found that 10-minutes of laughter can translate into two-hours of less aching.
6. Creativity Researchers found that individuals with a sense of humor approach problem solving in a more creative way, as well as proving more productive and more profitable in a working environment. Especially in this competitive workplace climate, it's time to up your game and put on a happy (if not hysterical) face.
7. Beauty Laughing improves skin tone and appearance by absorbing more air, therefore oxygenating the cells. An increase of oxygen invigorates the skin and brightens skin tone, reversing the external signs of aging.
8. Muscle Relaxation Laughter can act as a muscle relaxant. The physically calming effects can also minimize stress—a relaxation response that can last for as long as 45-minutes.
Now combine all this with Square Dancing and you can multiply the effects of laughter by 1,000! YES! You can gain these results just by getting out and square dancing because laughter is a byproduct of square dancing. What do you say? Let’s Dance!!